Improving Interop of PHP on Windows
Microsoft and Zend have issued a press release on news regarding collaboration between the two companies to improve performance and stability of PHP on the Windows platform. From the press release on Zend's site:
"The technology engagement between the two companies will include:
- Technical improvements for PHP, which will be submitted under the PHP license to the PHP community for feedback and contribution.
- Microsoft intends to develop and release an Internet Information Services (IIS) add-on component, FastCGI, that will serve as the interface between PHP and the IIS Web server.
- Zend will establish a Windows testing lab and conduct regular tests and performance improvements to maintain high performance of PHP on the Windows Server platform as PHP evolves.
- Microsoft and Zend will work to help ensure a production-quality PHP runtime environment for IIS 6.0 (Windows Server 2003) and IIS 7.0 (Windows Server "Longhorn").
- Zend and Microsoft will actively participate in the PHP community, ensuring an open discussion to help developers planning to deploy PHP applications on the Windows Server platform. "
"Zend Core is a tested and enhanced version of the open source PHP. It is packaged to make the software installation easier and faster with instant PHP setup. Zend Core uniquely delivers a seamless out-of-the-box experience by bundling all the necessary drivers and third party libraries to work with the database or platform of your choice. Zend works closely with the leading software vendors to ensure the best integration between their technology and PHP. Zend Core is the only PHP that is officially certified and supported by Zend."
Couple more links to check out: